Human Tissue Products will be Moved to the Tissue Bank on 12/03/05
Effective 12/3/05, human tissue products that are stored at room temperature will be moved to the new Tissue Bank located in the DeGowin Blood Center, C250 GH.
A. Whenever possible, reserve tissues via the IPR A-1a order form at least two working days in advance.
B. Tissues needed with less than two working days notice or for emergency cases may be obtained by calling the Tissue Bank in the DeGowin Blood Center (6-3709).
A. Transport to OR and ASC 0700-2300:
1. Scheduled cases with Tissue Bank notification:
First cases: Tissue will be delivered by DeGowin Blood Center staff to the O.R. and ASC area by
0815 on Monday and Tuesday
0730 on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
2. Subsequent cases: The surgical team must notify the DeGowin Blood Center by phone (6-3709) that they are ready for the tissue. It will be delivered by DeGowin Blood Center staff.
3. Please allow a minimum of 15 minutes for delivery of tissue.
4. Cases with no prior notification or Emergency cases:
Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes for delivery of tissue.
B. Transport to Clinics 0700-2300:
1. Scheduled and unscheduled cases: The clinic team must notify the DeGowin Blood Center by phone (6-3709) that they are ready for the tissue. Tissue will be delivered by DeGowin Blood Center staff.
2. Please allow a minimum of 15 minutes for delivery of tissue with prior notification and 30 minutes for emergency cases.
C. Transport 2300-0700:
A member of the surgical team or designee must pick up the tissue from the DeGowin Blood Bank, C271 GH
III. Return of tissue containers:
Return tissue containers and enclosed paperwork to the Critical Care Laboratory. Containers and any unused tissue will be picked up by DeGowin Blood Center staff and returned to the inventory if appropriate.
PLEASE NOTE: This applies only to human tissue products stored at room temperature, starting December 3.
Contact Beth Alden, BA, MT(ASCP), Tissue Bank Coordinator (6-3709) or Annette Schlueter, MD, PhD, Tissue Bank Medical Director (6-0370) with concerns or questions.