William Stanford, MD, FACR, FAHA
|BS, Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 1952
MD, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 1956
American Board of Surgery, 1965
American Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 1966
American Board of Radiology, 1987
CLINICAL AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
Chest and Cardiovascular Radiology
1. Thin section CT in pulmonary parenchymal disease.
2. MRI in diagnosing cardiac and pericardial lesions.
3. Ultrafast CT in coronary artery calcification.
4. Ultrafast CT in the evaluation of sleep apnea.
5. Ultrafast CT in myocardial perfusion.
6. MRI determination of ventricular function.
7. Effects of hypertrophy on coronary artery circulation - determination by UFCT
8. MRI determination of coronary bypass graft patency.
9. Determination of coronary bypass graft patency by ultrafast CT post-aprotinin administration.
10. Determination of cardiac function by MR.
11. Assessment of pulmonary emboli by ultrafast CT.
12. Development of an interactive videodisc method to teach cardiac anatomy
AREA AVAILABLE FOR CONSULTATION
Imaging chest and cardiovascular disease