Noon News Back Page Submission Guidelines
The Noon News back page is a future-focused forum for:
- UI Health Care-related events open to faculty, staff, and/or patients (such as flu shots, support group meetings, etc.)
- Announcements regarding events sponsored by UI Health Care-affiliated groups (Children's Miracle Network, Ronald McDonald House) that are open to staff, faculty, and/or the public
- University of Iowa health-related or professional events of general interest (such as Webinars or work improvement offerings)
- Research study announcements
SUBMISSION PROCESS FOR EVENTS
Event format example:
A Shoppers Anonymous meeting will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 17, in the Pappajohn Pavilion Lobby (Elevator I, Level 1). Questions? Contact Jane Doe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 353-0000.
Items for the Noon News back page may be submitted for consideration by emailing email@example.com at least two business days before the requested publication date.
Upcoming events will appear at least once in Noon News and more often as space allows.
Announcements considered for publication must be 50 words or less and include:
- locations (building, room number, elevator, and level)
- correct web hyperlinks – if applicable
- contact name
- contact phone number
- contact email address
Items generally not accepted include:
- contest results or thank you messages
- announcements requesting specific monetary donations
SUBMISSION PROCESS FOR RESEARCH STUDIES
Research study format example:
Non-chocolate eaters, chocolate eaters, and ex-chocolate eaters between age 18 and 70 are invited to participate in a research study where they undergo a dental exam and a blood draw. A one-time commitment of approximately two hours on a weekday morning is required. Compensation provided. Questions? Contact John Doe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 356-0000.
UI Health Care research study coordinators seeking volunteers may submit announcements to Noon News by emailing email@example.com. It is important that coordinators request a study to be removed from the rotation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those considered for publication must:
- be 50 words or less
- include the IRB approval stamp (with IRB ID number and expiration date)
Studies are rotated by the last date published in Noon News; each appears approximately once a month.
Noon News reserves the right to make editorial judgments about all submitted items based on space availability and other discretionary factors that may affect publication of the announcement. All items submitted by SEIU and AFSCME must be approved by the UI Health Care Human Resources Department.