MASTER'S IN MEDICAL EDUCATION INFORMATION
Program Brochure (pdf)
Goals of Program
After completing the requirements for this degree, graduates should be able to:
- Design evidence-based educational programs and materials with appropriate scope, sequence, and focus for intended learners.
- Deliver effective instruction to individuals and small or large groups in classroom, laboratory, or clinical settings.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of educational instruction, using both formative and summative methods.
- Understand basic principles of educational measurement and be able to apply them to medical education.
- Use assessments to promote learning and assess learning progress and status.
- Understand basic principles of educational research and be able to interpret and use educational research.
- Apply the fundamental theories, designs, and methods of program evaluation to the medical education environment.
- Identify current issues in medical education and resources available for monitoring developments in the field.
- Develop skills in reflection on past experience (including skills of self-awareness, self-analysis, and self-evaluation) that results in the ability to generate a new perspective or plan of action.