Important Dates to Remember:
June 15, 2015 Last day to begin an 8 week summer rotation July 22, 2015 M1G & M2G Summer Rotation Talks August 8, 2014 Arrive in Iowa City by August 8 (If not doing a summer rotation) and stop by the MSTP Office for required paperwork August 10-14, 2015 College of Medicine Orientation August 17, 2015 First Day of Classes August 28-29, 2015 Annual MSTP Retreat September 4, 2015 Medical School Research Day
We are delighted to know that some of you will be on campus this summer doing a research rotation. Here are just a few things to remember about setting up your rotation:
1. Identify a minimum of 2 faculty with whom you would like to rotate. Our MSTP Faculty list is a great place to begin.
2. Contact Steve Lentz or Pam Geyer to let him/her know who you are considering for rotation.
3. Steve or Pam will work with you to identify a good fit for you for the summer.
4. Once you have decided on your rotation lab, you should talk with the faculty member about potential projects, start date, vacation dates, etc.
5. Remember, we'd like you to start your rotation no later than June 15, 2015.
Medical School Curriculum 2015-2016:
Current MSTP students selling and/or renting their property:
You may use ICON to communicate your Roommate and Sublet Exchanges. To list your property, go to ICON http://icon.uiowa.edu/, select "OSAC Communications," and click the "Shared Housing Exchange" from the tool bar menu. Messages posted here will be visible to all medical and physician assistant students including the incoming class.
Students may also add summer sublets or apartments rentals by going to the University of Iowa Off-Campus Housing Services http://offcampushousing.uiowa.edu/ website.
Payroll and Health Insurance:
- You will earn an annual stipend of $26,500
- Your pay begins the day you begin training
- You are paid monthly on the 1st of the month
- Your first paycheck will come on the 1st of the month after you begin training
- Health insurance coverage is mandatory
- You can purchase health insurance from the University or you can be covered on another policy
- If you purchase health insurance from the University you are eligible to begin coverage the day you begin training. Your premium will be the full monthly premium for the policy you choose (SHIP or UIGradCare) until the 1st of the month after you begin training, after which the premium reduces to 10% of the full premium.
- Dental benefits are available (but not mandatory)