David M. Lubaroff
of Urology and Microbiology
Director, Urology Research
Director, Prostate Cancer Research Program
Associate Director for Research Infrastructure, Holden Comprehensive Cancer
University of Iowa College of Medicine
375 Newton Road
Iowa City, IA 52242
(319) 353-4556 - Fax
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL HISTORY
1961 B.S. University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
1964 M.S. Georgetown University
1967 Ph.D. Yale University
Professional and Academic Positions Held
1967-1969 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Pennsylvania
1969-1970 Associate in Pathology, University of Pennsylvania
1970- 1973 Assistant Professor Pathology and Medical Genetics, University of
1971-1973 Member, Immunology Graduate Group, University of Pennsylvania
1973-1977 Assistant Professor of Urology (Microbiology), University of Iowa
1977-1982 Associate Professor of Urology (Microbiology), University of Iowa
1973-1986 Research Immunologist, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Iowa
1986-1991 Associate Career Scientist, Veterans Administration Medical Center,
Iowa City, Iowa
1991-present Research Immunologist, Veterans Administration Medical Center,
Iowa City, Iowa
1977-present Director of Urology Research, University of Iowa
1982-present Professor of Urology (Microbiology), University of Iowa
1992-present Professor, Interdisciplinary Immunology Program, University of
1994-present Member, University of Iowa Cancer Center
1995-present Director, Prostate Cancer Research Program, University of Iowa
1997-present Associate Director for Research Infrastructure, Holden Comprehensive
Cancer Center at the University of Iowa
2001-present Program Leader, Prostate Cancer Research Program, Holden Comprehensive
Cancer Center at the University of Iowa
Ph.D. Theses Directed
1974-1977 Charles Schlagel
1974-1978 Dale Greiner
1974-1978 Craig Reynolds
1979-1984 David Ernst
1979-1985 David McElligott
1980-1986 Jeffrey Kennedy
1983-1987 Henry Hunt
1986-1991 Ellen Klohe
1986-1992 Thomas Hickey
1986-1992 Ninette Robbins
1994-1999 Bennett Elzey
Areas of Research Interest and Current Projects
Effects of Stress on Immune Function
Vaccine Therapy of Prostate Cancer
Gene Therapy of Prostate Cancer
Effects of stress on immune function
Molecular mechanisms of metastasis in prostate cancer
2000-2005 Cellular activation in Prostate Cancer - VA Research Enhancement Award
Program (REAP) $1,250,000
2002-2003 2nd International Conference on Prostate Cancer Research - NIH Conference
2002-2006 Multiple Vaccine for therapy of Prostate Cancer -VA Merit Review $740,000
American Association for the Advancement of Science
American Association of Immunologists
American Association for Cancer Research
Society for Basic Urologic Research
American Urological Association
Offices held in professional organizations
Executive Board; Society for Basic Urologic Research
Nominating Committee, Society for Basic Urologic Research
Chairman, Essay Contest, Society for Basic Urologic Research
Secretary, Society for Basic Urologic Research
Workshop Coordinator, Autumn Immunology Conference
Secretary, Autumn Immunology Conference
Chairman, Autumn Immunology Conference
Counselor, Autumn Immunology Conference
Advisor, Autumn Immunology Conference
Member of the Organizing Committee, International Symposium on the Biology of
Member of the Organizing Committee, NIH Symposium on Bladder Physiology
Co-Chairman, American Urologic Association Basic Science Conference
Vice President, Society for Basic Urologic Research
President, Society for Basic Urologic Research
Chairman of the Organizing Committee, International Conference on Prostate Cancer
Member, Fall Symposium Organizing Committee, SBUR
Editorial Board of the journal, The Prostate
Ad Hoc Reviewer for: Journal of Immunology; the journal Transplantation; Laboratory
Investigations; Journal of the National Cancer Institute, Journal of Andrology,
Journal of Urology, Journal of Leukocyte Biology, Urology; the Journal of Physiology;
NIH & VA Grants
NIH Review Committees and Study Section - Special Review Committees on Prostate
Growth, Molecular Epidemiology of Prostate Cancer; P01 Site Review Committees
(Wistar, Univ. of Virginia, UCLA); Epidemiology and Disease Control-2 Study
Other Grant Review Committees –
Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA),
California Cancer Research Program.
American Cancer Society (ACS)
- Lubaroff, DM & Ritts, RE In vitro cytotoxicity in delayed hypersensitivity
of immunologic tolerance. Proc. Soc. Biol. Med., 116:823-827, 1964.
- Lubaroff, DM & Waksman, BH Delayed hypersensitivity: Bone marrow as
source of cells in delayed skin reactions. Science, 157:322-323, 1967.
- Lubaroff, DM & Waksman, BH Bone marrow as source of cells in reactions
of cellular hypersensitivity. I. Passive transfer of tuberculin sensitivity
in syngeneic systems. J. Exp. Med., 128:1425-1435, 1968.
- Lubaroff, DM & Waksman, BH Bone marrow as source of cells in reactions
of cellular hypersensitivity. II. Identification of allogeneic or hybrid cells
by immunofluorescence in passively transferred tuberculin reactions. J. Exp.
Med., 128:1437-1449, 1968.
- Putnam, DA, Lubaroff, DM & Waksman, BH Bone marrow as source of cells
in reactions of cellular hypersensitivity. III. Adjuvant arthritis in rats.
Arch. Rheumat., 12:215-219, 1969.
- Silvers, WK, Lubaroff, DM, Wilson, DB and Fox, D Mixed lymphocyte reactions
and tissue transplantation tolerance. Science, 167:1264-1266, 1970.
- Lubaroff, DM & Silvers, WK The abolition of skin homografts in rats
with isoantiserum. J. Immunol., 104:1236-1241, 1970.
- Lubaroff, DM & Silvers, WK Susceptibility of parental strain and F1
hybrid rats to runt disease. Transplant., 10:302-308, 1970.
- Lubaroff, DM & Silvers, WK Attempts to abolish tolerance of skin homografts
in mice with x-irradiated plasma from specifically sensitized donors. J. Immunol.,
- Barker, CF, Lubaroff, DM and Silvers, WK Lymph Node Cells: Their differential
capacity to induce tolerance of heart and skin homografts in rats. Science,
- Silvers, WK, Lubaroff, DM and Johnson, JM Immunologic modifications of runt
disease in rats. J. Nat. Cancer Inst., 49:1115-1119, 1972.
- Lubaroff, DM An alloantigenic marker on rat thymus and thymus-derived cells.
Transplant. Proc., 5:115-118, 1973.
- Lubaroff, DM & Silvers, WK The importance of chimerism in maintaining
tolerance of skin allografts in mice. J. Immunol., 111:65-71, 1973.
- Lubaroff, DM Cellular requirements for the rejection of skin allografts
in rats. J. Exp. Med., 138:331-341, 1973.
- Lubaroff, DM, Canfield, L, Feldbush, TL and Bonney, WW R3327 adenocarcinoma
of the Copenhagen rat as a model for the study of the immunologic aspects
of prostatic cancer. J. Natl. Cancer Instit., 58:1677-1689, 1977.
- Lubaroff, DM Antigenic markers on rat lymphocytes. I. Characterization of
A.R.T., an alloantigenic marker on rat thymus and thymus-derived cells. Cellular
Immunology, 29:147-158, 1977.
- Feldbush, TL and Lubaroff, DM Fundamental Immunology. Seminars in Perinatology.
- Lubaroff, DM Development of an epithelial cell line derived from human prostatic
adenocarcinoma. J. Urology, 118:612-615, 1977.
- Lubaroff, DM - as part of a committee (T.J. Gill, III, chairman). Report
of the First International Workshop on Alloantigenic Systems in the Rat. Transpl.
Proc., 10:271-285, 1978.
- Lubaroff, DM, Canfield, L and Rasmussen, GT An animal model of human prostatic
adenocarcinoma. Natl. Cancer Inst. Monograph, 49:275-281, 1978.
- Lubaroff, DM HPC-36, an epithelial tissue culture line derived from human
prostate adenocarcinoma. Natl. Cancer Inst. Monograph, 49:35-39, 1978.
- Lande, IJ, Feldbush, TL, Lubaroff, DM and Bonney, WW Rat prostatic carcinoma
11095A: Antigenic profile (organ & tumor specific). Natl. Cancer Inst.
Monograph, 49:283-287, 1978.
- Bonney, WW, Henstorf, JE, Emaus, SP, Lubaroff, DM and Feldbush, TL Immunostimulation
by cryosurgery: An orthotopic model of prostate and bladder cancer in the
rat. Natl. Cancer Inst. Monograph, 49:375-381, 1978.
- Lubaroff, DM and Culp, DA Experience with an animal model in the study of
prostatic carcinoma. Trans. Amer. Assoc. G.U. Surg., 69:72-77, 1978.
- Lubaroff, DM, Reynolds, CW and Culp, DA Immunologic studies of prostatic
cancer using the R3327 rat model. Trans. Amer. Assoc. of G.U. Surgeons, 70:60-63,
- Lubaroff, DM, Greiner, D.L. and Reynolds, C.W. Investigations of T-lymphocyte
subpopulations in the rat using alloantigenic markers. Transpl. Proc., 11:1092-1094,
- Schlagel, C.J. and Lubaroff, DM Reactivity of Lewis lymph node and bone
marrow cells to F344 Non-AgB histocompatibility antigens. Transpl. Proc.,
- Lubaroff, DM, Rasmussen, G.T. and Hunt, H.D. Comparative studies of T-lymphocyte
antigens in the rat: Are A.R.T., Ly, Pta and AgF the same? Transpl. Proc.,
- Lubaroff, DM, et al. Second International Workshop on Alloantigenic Systems
in the Rat: Combined Report on Reference Testing of Anti-T-Lymphocyte Alloantisera.
Transpl. Proc., 11:1648-1649, 1979.
- Lubaroff, DM, Reynolds, C.W., and Canfield, L. Immunologic aspects of experimentally
induced prostatic cancer. Cancer Detection and Prevention, 2:601-614, 1979.
- Lubaroff, DM, Canfield, L. and Reynolds, C.W. The Dunning Tumors. In: Model
Systems for Prostatic Cancer. Alan Liss, Inc., N.Y., pp. 243-263, 1980.
- Lande, I.J., Feldbush, T.L. and Lubaroff, DM Studies on a weakly immunogenic
squamous cell carcinoma of the rat prostate. Invest. Urol., 17:419-424, 1980.
- Lubaroff, DM, Greiner, D.L., Kunz, H.W. and Gill, T.J. III. Linkage of A.R.T.-2
with albinism in the rat. Rat News Letter, 6:14-16, 1980.
- Lubaroff, DM, Hunt, H.D. and Rasmussen, G.T. Separation of antibody specificities
in the anti-A.R.T.-T cell sera. Transplant. Proc., 13:1453-1456, 1981.
- Greiner, D.L., Goldschneider, I., Barton, R.W. and Lubaroff, DM A quantitative
assay system for thymocyte regeneration in the rat. Transplant. Proc., 13:1457-1459,
- Loening, S., Bonney, W., Fallon, B., Gerber, W., Hawtrey, C., Lubaroff,
D., Narayana, A. and Culp, D. Perineal cryosurgery of prostate cancer. Urology,
17 (suppl):12-14, 1981.
- Lubaroff, DM, Reynolds, C.W., Canfield, L., McElligott, D., and Feldbush,
T.L. Immunologic aspects of the prostate. The Prostate, 2:233-248, 1981.
- Lubaroff, DM, Reynolds, C.W. and Canfield, L. Immunologic Aspects of Experimentally
Induced Prostatic Cancer. In: Prostatic Cancer. Marcel Dekker, Inc., p. 73-85,
- Greiner, D.L., Reynolds, C.W. and Lubaroff, DM Maturation of functional
T lymphocyte subpopulations in the rat. Thymus, 4:77-90, 1982.
- Greiner, D.L., Barton, R.W., Goldschneider, I. and Lubaroff, DM Genetic
linkage and cell distribution analysis of T cell alloantigens in the rat.
J. Immunogenet., 9:43-50, 1982.
- Lubaroff, DM, Hunt, H.D. and Rasmussen, G.T. Serologic evidence that the
ART-1 and LC antigens are separate and distinct molecules. Transpl. Proc.,
- Lubaroff, DM, Ely, J.M. and Greiner, D.L. Monoclonal antibodies against
the ART rat T cell antigens. Transpl. Proc., 15:1628, 1983.
- Ely, J.M., Greiner, D.L., Lubaroff, DM, and Fitch, F.W. Characterization
of monoclonal antibodies which define rat T cell alloantigens. J. Immunol.,
- Lubaroff, DM (Chairman of Nomenclature Committee). Standardized nomenclature
for the rat T cell alloantigens. Transplant. Proc., 15:1683, 1983.
- Rowley, D.R., Thompson, S.A., Lubaroff, DM & Heidger, P.M. Androgen
receptor binding characteristics of the rat dorsolateral prostate gland and
the Dunning R3327 prostatic adenocarcinoma. The Prostate, 5:101, 1984.
- Loening, S.A. & Lubaroff, DM Cryosurgery and Immunotherapy of Prostatic
Cancer. In: Urologic Clinics of North America 1984. W.B. Saunders, p. 327,
- Greiner, D.L., Goldschneider, I. and Lubaroff, DM Identification of thymocyte
progenitors in hemopoietic tissues of the rat. Thymus, 6:181, 1984.
- Ernst, D.N. and Lubaroff, DM Membrane antigen phenotype of sensitized T
lymphocytes mediating tuberculin delayed-type hypersensitivity in rats. Cellular
Immunol. 88:436, 1984.
- Ernst, D.N., Kennedy, J.D., Hobbs, M.V., Morgan, E.L., Weigle, W.O., and
Lubaroff, DM Potentiation of the rat delayed type hypersensitivity response
by the Fc portion of human IgG1. Cellular Immunol., 89:445, 1984.
- Feldbush, T.L. and Lubaroff, DM "Immunotherapy of Cancer." In:
Genitourinary Oncology (D.A. Culp and S.A. Loening, Eds.), Lea Febiger &
Co., Philadelphia, pp. 158, 1985.
- Hunt, H.D. and Lubaroff, DM Interaction of T lymphocyte subpopulations bearing
the RT6 alloantigen. Transplant Proc., 17:1861, 1985.
- Thompson, S.A., Johnson, M.P., Heidger, P.A. and Lubaroff, DM Heterogeneity
in R3327 rat prostatic adenocarcinoma subcutaneous tumors derived from single
cell clones. The Prostate, 6:369, 1985.
- Johnson, M.P., Thompson, S.A., and Lubaroff, DM Differential effects of
prolactin on rat dorsolateral prostate in Dunning R3327 prostatic tumor sublines.
J. of Urology, 133:1112, 1985.
- Lubaroff, DM, Hunt, H.D. and Rasmussen, G.T. Evidence from capping experiments
for independence of the RT7 alloantigen and the leucocyte common antigen in
the rat. J. of Immunogenetics, 12:239, 1985.
- Kennedy, J.D., Ernst, D.N. and Lubaroff, DM Investigation of T cells participating
in the induction and regulation of delayed hypersensitivity reactions as identified
by the expression of the RT6 alloantigen. Transplant. Proc., 19 (June):3181-3183,
- Hunt, H.D. and Lubaroff, DM Changes in membrane antigen phenotype of T cells
during lectin activation. Transplant. Proc., 19(3):3179-3180, 1987.
- Mojcik, C.F., Greiner, D.L., Goldschneider, I. and Lubaroff, DM Monoclonal
antibodies to RT7 and LCA antigens in the rat: Cell distribution and segregation
analysis. Hybridoma 6(5):531-543, 1987.
- Lubaroff, DM, Rasmussen, G.T., and Hunt, H.D. The RT6 T cell antigen: Its
role in the identification of functional subsets and in T cell activation.
Transplantation Proceedings 21:3251, 1989.
- Ren, Z., Tucker, R., Landas, S., Lubaroff, DM, Sparrow, H.K., Loening, S.A.
Regional hyperthermia combined with high energy shock wave treatment of Dunning
prostate tumors. J Lithotripsy & Stone Dis 2(3):211-219, 1990.
- Baron, R.S., Cutrona, C.E., Hicklin, D., Russell, D.W., Lubaroff, DM Social
support and immune function among spouses of cancer patients. Journal of Personality
and Social Psychology 59(2):344-352, 1990.
- Donovan, J.F., Lubaroff, DM, and Williams, R.D. Immunotherapy of prostate
cancer. Problems In Urology, Controversies in Prostate Cancer Management 4(3):489-505,
- Tucker, R.D., Loening, S.A., Landas, S.K., Mardan, A.H., Ren Z.Y., and Lubaroff,
DM The in vivo effect of regional hyperthermia on Dunning R327 prostatic tumor.
The Prostate 18:321-329, 1991.
- Richerson, H.B., Coon, J.D., Lubaroff, DM Experimental hypersensitivity
pneumonitis in the rat: Histopathology and T cell subset compartmentalization.
Am J Respira Cell & Molecular Biol, 5:451-463, 1991.
- Hunt, H.D., Lubaroff, DM Identification of functional T cell subsets and
surface antigen changes during activation as they relate to RT6. Cellular
Immunol., 143:194-211, 1992.
- Hayakawa, M, Lubaroff, DM, Williams, RD, and Osawa, A. Localization of LAK
cells and IL-2-stimulated regional lymph node lymphocytes by regional arterial
infusion in renal tumor-bearing rats. Urol Inter, 50:185-191, 1993.
- Cohen, MB, Heidger, P, and Lubaroff, DM Gross and macroscopic pathology
of induced prostatic complex tumors arising in Lobund-Wistar rats. Cancer
Res, 54:626-628, 1994.
- Richerson, HB, Coon, D, and Lubaroff, DM Adoptive transfer of experimental
hypersensitivity pneumonitis in the LEW rat. Am J Resp Crit Care Med , 115:1205-1210
- Lubaroff, DM, Cohen, M, Shultz, LD, and Beamer, WG Survival of human prostate
carcinoma, benign prostate tissues and IL2-activated lymphocytes in SCID mice.The
Prostate, 27:32-41, 1995
- Richerson, HB, Coon, JD, and Lubaroff, DM Selective early increases of bronchoalveolar
CD8+ lymphocytes in a LEW rat model of hypersensitivity pneuomonitis. J Allergy
Clin Immunol, 96:113-121, 1995.
- Christensen, AJ, Edwards, DL, Wiebe, JS, Benotsch, EG, McKelvey, L, Andrews,
MP, and Lubaroff, DM Effect of verbal self-disclosure on NK cell activity:
Moderating influence of Cynical Hostility. Psychosomatic Medicine, 58:150-155,
- Cerhan, JR, Torner, JC, Lynch, CF, Rubenstein, LM, Lemke, JH, Cohen, MB,
Lubaroff, DM, and Wallace, RB. Association of smoking, body mass, and physical
activity with risk of prostate cancer in the Iowa 65+ Rural Health Study (United
States). Cancer Causes and Control, 8:229-238, 1997.
- Harvey, HA, Ketterer, MR, Preston, A, Lubaroff, DM, Williams, RD, and Apicella,
MA. Experimental infection of primary human urethral epithelial cell cultures
by Neisseria gonorrheae. Infection & Immunity, 65:2420-2427, 1997.
- Heidger, PH, Lubaroff, DM, and Cohen, MB Fine structural studies of induced
tumors arising within the prostatic complex of the Lobund-Wistar (L-W) rats.
The Prostate 32:173-178 l997.
- Luo, J, Sharma, N, Seftor, EA, De Larco, J, Heidger, PM, Hendrix, JC, and
Lubaroff, DM Heterogeneous expression of invasive and metastatic properties
in a prostate tumor model. Path Oncol Rev, 3:264-271, 1997.
- Burns, JA, Kreder, KK, Lubaroff, DM, and See, WA. Alterations in constituent
urinary proteins in response to bladder outlet obstruction in rats. J Urol,
- Giardina, PC, Williams, RD, Lubaroff, D, and Apicella, MA. Neisseria gonorrheae
induces focal polymerization of actin in primary human urethral epithelium.
Infection & Immunity, 66:3416-3469, 1998.
- Sharma, N, Luo, J, Kirschmann, DA, O’Malley, Y, Robbins, MEC, Akporiaye,
ET, Lubaroff, DM, Heidger, PH, and Hendrix, MJC. A novel immunological model
for the study of prostate cancer. Cancer Research, 59:2271-2276, 1999.
- Luo, J, Lubaroff, DM, and Hendrix, MJC. Suppression of prostate cancer invasive
potential and matrix metalloproteinase activity by E-cadherin transfection.
Cancer Research, 59:3552-3556, 1999.
- Lutgendorf, SK, Garand, L., KC Buckwalter, Reimer, TT, Hong, S-Y, and Lubaroff,
DM. Life stress, mood disturbance, and elevated interleukin-6 in healthy older
women. J Gerontology, 54A:M434-439, 1999.
- Lutgendorf, SK, Vitaliano, PP, Reimer, TT, Harvey, JH, and Lubaroff, DM.
Sense of coherence moderates the relationship between life stress and natural
killer cell activity in healthy older adults. Psychology and Aging, 14:552-563,1999.
- Robbins, M, Ali, K, McCaw, R, Olsen, R, Vartak, S, and Lubaroff, D. ??-Linoleic
acid (GLA)-mediated cytotoxicity in human prostate cancer cells. Adv. Exp
Med Biol, 469:499-504, 1999.
- Lutgendorf, S.K., Anderson, B., Buller, R., Sorosky, J. & Lubaroff,
D. Interleukin-6 and use of social support in gynecologic cancer patients.
International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 7:127-142, 2000.
- Lutgendorf, SK, Reimer, TT, Harvey, JH, Marks, G, Hong, S-Y, Hillis, SL,
and Lubaroff, DM. Effects of housing relocation on immunocompetence and psychosocial
functioning in older adults. Journal of Gerontology & Medical Sciences,
- Lutgendorf, S, Logan, H, Kirchner, L, Rothrock, N, Svengalis, S, Iverson,
K, and Lubaroff, D. Effects of relaxation and stress on the capsaicin-induced
local inflammatory response. Psychosomatic Med, 62:524-534, 2000.
- Zenni, MK, Giardina, PC, Harvey, HA, Shao, J, Ketterer, MR, Lubaroff, DM,
Williams, RD, and Apicella, MA. Macropinocytosis as a mechanism of entry into
primary human urethral epithelial cells by Neisseria gonnorhoeae. Infection
& Immunity, 68:1696-1699, 2000.
- Logan H, Lutgendorf S, Rainville P, Sheffield D, Iverson K, Lubaroff D:
Effects of Stress and Relaxation on Capsaicin-Induced Pain. J of Pain, 2:160-170,
- Logan, HL Lutgendorf, S Kirchner, HL Rivera, EM Lubaroff, D Pain and Immunologic
Response to Root Canal Treatment and Subsequent Health Outcomes. Psychosomatic
Med, 63:453-462, 2001.
- Siemens, DR, Elzey, BD, Lubaroff, DM, and Ratliff, TL. Restoration of the
ability to generate CTL in mice immune to adenovirus by delivery of virus
in a collagen-based matrix. J Immunol, 166:731-735, 2001
- Elzey, BD, Ratliff, TL and Lubaroff, DM. Immunization with Type 5 Adenovirus
Recombinant for PSA In Combination with ALVAC Cytokine Gene Delivery Induces
Destruction of Established Prostate Tumors. Int. J. Cancer, 94:842-849, 2001.
- Sharma, N, Seftor, REB, Seftor, EA, Gruman, LM, Heidger, PM, Cohen, MB,
Lubaroff, DM, and Hendrix, MJC. Prostatic tumor cell plasticity involves cooperative
interactions of distinct phenotypic subpopulations: Role in vasculogenic mimicry.
Prostate, 50:189-201, 2002.
- Garand L. Buckwalter KC. Lubaroff D. Tripp-Reimer T. Frantz RA. Ansley TN.
A pilot study of immune and mood outcomes of a community-based intervention
for dementia caregivers: the PLST intervention. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing.
- Lubaroff, DM and Acosta, AM. Animal Models of Prostate Cancer. In: Molecular
and Cell Biology of Prostate Cancer (Abel, Ed.) 2003
- Helpap B. Schmitz-Drager BJ. Hamilton PW. Muzzonigro G. Galosi AB. Kurth
KH. Lubaroff D. Waters DJ. Droller MJ. Molecular pathology of non-invasive
urothelial carcinomas (part I). Virchows Archiv. 442(4):309-16, 2003
- Lutgendorf, SK, Logan, H, Costanza, E, and Lubaroff, D. Effects of acute
stress, relaxation, and a neurogenic inflammatory stimulus on interleukin-6
in humans. Brain, Behavior, & Immunity, 18:55-64, 2004
- Chunthapong, J., Seftor, E.A., Heidger, P.M., Jr., Khalkhali-Ellis, Z.,
Kirschman, D.A., Amir, S., Lubaroff, D.M., and Hendrix, M.J.C. Dual roles
of E-cadherin in prostate cancer invasion. J Cellular Biochemistry, 91:649-661,
- Hendrix, MJC, Luo, J, Seftor, EA, Sharma, N, Heidger, PM, Cohen, MB, Bhatty,
R, Chungthapong, J, Seftor, REB, and Lubaroff, D. Epithelial-Mesenchymal molecular
interactions in prostate tumor cell plasticity. In: Cancer Metastasis –
Biology and Treatment (Ablin and Mason, Eds.). Kluwer, In Press
- Lubaroff, DM, Karan, D, Andrews, MP, Acosta, A, Abouassaly, C, Sharma,
M, and Krieg, AM. Decreased Cytotoxic T cell Activity Generated by Co-administration
of PSA Vaccine and CpG ODN is Associated with Increased Tumor Protection in
a Mouse Model of Prostate Cancer. Submitted for publication
- Lubaroff, DM, Konety, B, Link, BK, Ratliff, TL, and Williams, RD. A Phase
I study of an adenovirus/PSA vaccine in men with metastatic prostate cancer.
- Karan, D and Lubaroff, DM. Mechanism of CpG modulation of vaccine-induced
anti-prostate tumor immunity. In preparation.
- Lubaroff, DM, Konety, B, Link, BK, and Williams, RD. Safety data from a
Phase I trial of an adenovirus/PSA vaccine in men with metastatic prostate
cancer. In preparation.
- Lubaroff, DM, Boeglin, D, Howard, J, Jensen, R, and Ratliff, TL. Measurement
of immune responses in prostate cancer patients enrolled in a Phase I clinical
trial of an adenovirus/PSA vaccine. In preparation.
- Lutgendorf, SK, Sood, A, Anderson, B, McGinn, S, Mais eri, H, Dao, M, Sorosky,
J, De Geest, K, and Lubaroff, DM. Biobehavioral correlates of natural killer
cell cytotoxicity in ovarian cancer patients. In preparation.