Since 1998 Kidneeds has funded over $1,200,000 in research that has helped us learn a great deal about DDD. Kidneeds has also organized four international conferences.
1) The first international conference on DDD was held in Boston, MA August 13-14, 2004. The following year, Kidneeds-funded scientists formed the DDD Collaboratory, a virtual center of excellence for DDD research and the only one of its kind in the world devoted to DDD. Six internationally recognized scientists have joined the DDD Collaboratory and through this virtual center, they are able to work together towards a cure for this disease despite their geographical distance.
2) The Second DDD Focus Group Meeting was held August, 2006, as a Hinxton Retreat in Cambridge, England. Hinxton Retreats are invitation-only meetings of exceptionally high quality. The Second DDD Focus Group Meeting was designated a conference of excellence and was sponsored in part by the Wellcome Trust, UK, the NIDDK-NIH, and the Milagros Research Fund. At the conference, scientists recommended changing the disease name to DDD and NOT using the term MPGNII.
3) The Third DDD Focus Group Meeting was held August 15-17, 2008, again as a Hinxton Retreat. This Focus Group Meeting was designated a Conference of Excellence and was sponsored by the Wellcome Trust, UK, the Milagros Research Fund, the NIDDK and the NIH Office of Rare Diseases (ORD).
4) The Fourth DDD Focus Group Meeting was held on August 20, 2011 in Leiden, The Netherlands, immediately before the 13th European Meeting on Complement in Human Disease.
5) The Fifth C3G (C3GN/DDD) Focus Group Meeting will be held on June 26, 2015 in Uppsala, Sweden immediately before the 15th European Meeting on Complement in Human Disease.
If you would like to apply for a Kidneeds grant, please download the application and instructions below. You may direct any questions about the application process to Dr. Richard Smith at email@example.com