Help Our Students Travel
The Help Our Students Travel (HOST) Program matches our fourth-year medical students with alumni volunteers during residency interviews around the country. Alumni volunteers provide lodging for medical students in their homes during interview travels as well as offer invaluable advice to the students about the community in which they are interviewing. It is a great way for alumni to reconnect and give back to their alma mater and also see the caliber of students at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine.
Medical student indebtedness has become a national concern, and our alumni are responding and helping us to address this concern by participating in the HOST program. We’d like to thank all of our alumni who have welcomed students into their homes. If you are interested in participating in the HOST program, please fill out the form below to be added as a HOST volunteer.
- If you are interested in participating in the HOST program, please complete the Alumni Response Form and share your interest in the program in the “Comments” section at the bottom of the form.
- You can see if a student is coming your way by viewing the list of HOST requests. If you see a student interviewing in your town that you would like to host – please send an e-mail with your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A special thanks to all of our previous HOST volunteers. This program would not be possible without support from UI Carver College of Medicine Alumni.
- UI Carver College of Medicine alumni are located all over the United States and we have HOSTs in most every city. If you are interested in participating in the HOST program, please fill out the on-line Student Registration Form with the details of your residency interviews. A staff member will begin looking for an alumnus in the requested area and get back to you with more details.
- To learn more about the HOST program, see what the Next Steps are to utilize this unique opportunity. Also read the Frequently Asked Questions to answer any questions you may have about the program.