Homecoming Reunion Weekend 2014
Medicine Alumni Homecoming Weekend, October 10-11, 2014
Celebrating the MD Classes of 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994 and 2004
There have been many changes both to medical education and the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine since your medical school days. We invite you to celebrate your reunion with each other during this year's Medicine Alumni Homecoming Weekend. While you are here you can visit with classmates, friends and faculty emeriti, tour our Medical Education and Research Facility, and enjoy a weekend on the beautiful campus of the University of Iowa. Registration is now open!!!
Football Ticket Information
Football tickets will be available for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis- for our alumni who are returning for the UI Carver College of Medicine Homecoming Reunion.
Click here to complete your Memory Book submission, update your contact information, and share your reunion attendence attention.
Blocks of room have been reserved at the Coralville Marriott for reunion attendees. To reserve a room, please contact the hotel directly and identify yourself as a participant of the UI College of Medicine Homecoming Reunion Weekend. Room reservations will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis and are for reunion participants only. Reservations must be made prior to the below release date.
Coralville Marriott: $199 per night
Reserve by September 11th, 2014.
For a list of other lodging options, please visit Iowa City
Coralville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau .
Schedule of Events
Thursday, October 9 and Friday, October 10, 2014
- Two-Day Continuing Medical Education Program - Progress in Internal Medicine
- Get your CME credit while on campus. To register please call the Continuing Medical Education website, www.healthcare.uiowa.edu/cme, and click "Upcoming Seminars" and scroll down to October 9 & 10th listing. More information about the program can be found there online.
Friday, October 10, 2014
- Medicine Scholarship Donor Program and Luncheon
11:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m., Medical Education & Research Facility
**Please note: This luncheon is by invitation only, please contact the UI Foundation for more information.
- "Return to the Classroom: A New Era in Medical Education at Iowa"
1:30 p.m.- 3:00 p.m., Medical Education & Research Facility
- Medicine today is defined by collaborative and team-based relationships as well as by rapid advances in science and technology and by ever-changing dynamics in society and health-care delivery. With current medical students as your faculty, you will have the chance to learn more about the UI's new medical-education cirriculum, which features greater interprofessional integration, innovative and interactive learning methods, and individual learning opportunities. This session will require some advance preparation, but it promises to be insightful and fun.
- University of Iowa Homecoming Parade/Pep Rally
5:45 p.m. in downtown Iowa City
- Medicine Alumni Social
7:30- 9:00 p.m., University of Iowa Athletics Hall of Fame Roy G. Karro Building
- Join your classmates after the parade for an MD alumni social! This is a great chance to meet up with your classmates, other UI alumni and current medical students, all while enjoying some hors d'oeuvres and drinks. Make plans to meet your friends there!
Saturday, October 11, 2014
- UI Carver College of Medicine Alumni & Friends Pre-game Tailgate
9:00- 11:00 a.m., Medical Education & Research Facility
- Join your classmates as well as other alumni, faculty, students and friends for a fantastic tailgating experience. For the past ten years we've had an average of over 400 attendees at our Homecoming tailgate, so you can look forward to seeing many of your friends there!
- Iowa Football Game
11:00 a.m., Kinnick Stadium
- Come and see the Hawkeyes take on the Indiana Hoosiers. Go Hawks and On Iowa!
Medicine Alumni Reunion Dinner
6:30- 10:00 p.m., Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
- The UI Carver College of Medicine Reunion Dinner will conclude our Homecoming Weekend. Please join your classmates for a casual event with great friends, great food and great fun. Class photos will also be taken at this event as well.
Look Who's Coming
Find out who is coming from your class.
Other Items of Interest
- Update your Address
- Please notify us of any changes in address, phone number or e-mail
- Find a Friend
- Want to reconnect with a classmate before your special reunion? Visit the alumni directory for help finding your friends.
- Reunion Class Gifts
- Support from the UI Carver College of Medicine’s alumni is critical to our missions of education, research and service. Your gifts help support our students through scholarships and financial aid, faculty development, research funds and special projects, and ensure that the next generation of health care professionals will be given the best education possible. Consider making a gift in honor of your class today!