UI Carver College of Medicine Distinguished Alumni Awards
Call for Nominations
University of Iowa alumni, faculty, staff and colleagues are invited to nominate graduates of the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine for consideration of these awards. The College and its Distinguished Alumni Award Selection Committee are dedicated to ensuring the pool of nominations is diverse within the areas of ethnicity, gender and academic/professional disciplines and welcome your assistance as we seek to honor our distinguished alumni.
All graduates of the Carver College of Medicine’s medical education, residency and fellowship training, associated medical sciences and basic science programs are eligible. Nominees must meet the following selection criteria:
- An individual who has made distinguished contributions to the theory and/or practice of medicine or has demonstrated major accomplishments in a professional medical practice or in medical research and development.
- An individual who has managed or directed an organization that has made noteworthy national or international contributions to the medical profession.
- An individual who has contributed truly exceptional service to their community, the College, the profession or the public.
- Award for Achievement
- Granted to University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine alumni for significant professional accomplishments in science, medicine and/or education.
- Award for Service
- Granted to University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine alumni for meritorious leadership and service in a professional capacity or in the broader community.
- Early Career Achievement Award
- Granted to University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine graduates of the past 20 years who have achieved early distinction in their field.
- Award for Friendship
- Granted to individuals, not necessarily alumni, for support of and dedication to the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and its missions of education, research and service.
Nominators should submit the following:
- Please complete the annual nomination form inluding a minimum of 250-word summary establishing the candidate’s qualifications and achievements in clear and concise detail.
- Submit a recent Curriculum vitae or professional resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any supporting materials including additional letters of support to substantiate the nomination may be emailed to email@example.com.
Nominations for the 2017 awards are due by August 1, 2016. Nomianations received after this date will be considered for the 2018 awards.
For more information, contact:
Division of Collegiate and Community Relations
University of Iowa Health Care
Marketing and Communications
877-MED-IOWA - Toll free