Distinguished Alumni Awards
2016 Call for Nominations
University of Iowa alumni, faculty, staff and colleagues are invited to nominate graduates of the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine for consideration of these awards. The College and its Distinguished Alumni Award Selection Committee are dedicated to ensuring the pool of nominations is diverse within the areas of ethnicity, gender and academic/professional disciplines and welcome your assistance as we seek to honor our distinguished alumni.
All graduates of the College’s medical education, residency and fellowship training, associated medical sciences and basic science programs are eligible.
- Award for Achievement
- Granted to University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine alumni for significant professional accomplishments in science, medicine and education.
- Award for Service
- Granted to University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine alumni for meritorious leadership and service in a professional capacity or in the broader community.
- Early Career Achievement Award
- Granted to University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine graduates of the past 20 years who have achieved early distinction in their field.
- Award for Friendship
- Granted to individuals, not necessarily alumni, for support of and dedication to the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and its missions of education, research and service.
Nominators should submit the following:
- A nomination letter that states the category of nomination and establishes the candidate’s qualifications with clear and compelling detail
- Nominee’s vita, including current address
- 2 or more additional letters of support
- Any additional information that would substantiate the nomination
Nominations for the 2016 awards should be postmarked by October 30, 2015.
Direct Nominations to:
Distinguished Alumni Awards Committee
Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine
c/o Jayme Crawford
University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1101
For more information, contact:
Constituent Relations Coordinator
Collegiate and Community Relations
University of Iowa Health Care
877-MED-IOWA - Tollfree