Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend 2015
Welcome members of the MD Classes of 1945, 1950, 1955, 1960, 1965, 1970 and 1975! We invite you to join us this year to celebrate your Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend. While you are here you will have the opportunity to visit with classmates, friends and faculty, tour our Medical Education and Research Facility, and enjoy a weekend on the beautiful campus of the University of Iowa. This page lists a few things to help you get started in making plans to attend this special reunion.
Schedule of Events
Friday, June 12, 2015
- UI Carver College of Medicine Distinguished Alumni Awards Luncheon Ceremony
12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m., Levitt Center for University Advancement
- Each year, the UI Carver College of Medicine seeks to honor alumni who have transcended their fundamental roles as health care providers, scientists and educators to become influential participants in the advancement of the art and science of medicine. We hope you’ll join us in recognizing this elite group of Distinguished Alumni Award recipients at a special luncheon.
- UI Carver College of Medicine Alumni Social
3:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. The Airliner, Downtown Iowa City
- Join your classmates for an informal gathering at one of your favorite local places - The Airliner! Appetizers are provided and there will be a cash bar. Come reminisce with your friends.
Saturday, June 13, 2015
- UI Carver College of Medicine Breakfast Show & Tell and Medicine at Iowa Program
8:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m. Rooms assigned by class, Medical Education and Research Facility (MERF)
10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Medical Education and Research Facility (MERF)
- Share your stories with your classmates and find out what they've been up to while enjoying a hot breakfast!
- The UI Carver College of Medicine continues to rank among the nation’s best medical schools. This is a great opportunity to meet Debra Schwinn, MD, the dean of the UI Carver College of Medicine, and learn more about how Iowa is keeping its tradition of excellence going strong.
- UI Alumni Association’s Distinguished Alumni Awards Luncheon
12:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m. 4th Floor, Levitt Center
- The UI Alumni Association also holds a Distinguished Alumni Awards Ceremony, presenting accomplished alumni with the association’s highest honor. This year, one of the recipients are UI Carver College of Medicine alumni.
- Campus Bus Tour
2:30 p.m.- 3:30 p.m. Departs from the Levitt Center
- This air-conditioned bus tour will highlight new additions to the University of Iowa Campus and reacquaint you with the area.
- UI Carver College of Medicine Alumni Reunion Dinner
6:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m. Kinnick Stadium
- Recapture the fun, the friendships, and the magic of your medical school experience while enjoying the company of your classmates. The evening will start with a reception during which each of the official group photographs will be taken for the MD honors class of 1945, '50. '55, '60, '65, '70 and '75. Then you and your classmates will adjourn for a private dinner to celebrate this special anniversary.
To reserve a room, please contact the hotel directly and identify yourself as a participant of the UI Carver College of Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend. Room reservations will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Rates per night and room release dates are listed below. Reservations must be made prior to the release date. (Rates are subject to change; tax is not included).
- Iowa House Hotel
319-335-3513, June 11-13, 2015
Release date: May 11th, 2015
Name of Block: Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Sheraton Iowa City, 319-337-4058, June 11-13, 2015
Release date: May 12, 2015
Reserve rooms online here.
Name of Block: Spring Medicine Reunion
For additional hotel accommodations, contact the Iowa City/Coralville Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-283-6592 or visit www.iowacitycoralville.org.
Reunion Van Service
Our free reunion van service makes your return to Iowa City stress-free. Don't worry about navigating campus or finding a parking spot—the University of Iowa Alumni Association’s Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow Ambassadors operate the van service to and from reunion events on Friday and Saturday. Call 319-335-3285 any time during the Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend for service. Van Service hours are Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Look Who's Coming
Find out who's coming from your class.
Other Items of Interest
- Memory Book Questionnaire
- For generations, the UI Carver College of Medicine has seen its graduates make tremendous contributions as clinicians, researchers, educators and humanitarians. Whether or not you are planning to attend Alumni Reunion Weekend, we invite you to tell us your story.
- Update your Address
- Please notify us of any changes in address, phone number or e-mail
- Find a Friend
- Want to reconnect with a classmate before your special reunion? Visit the alumni directory for help finding your friends.
- Reunion Class Gifts
- Support from the UI Carver College of Medicine’s alumni is critical to our missions of education, research and service. Your gifts help support our students through scholarships and financial aid, faculty development, research funds and special projects, and ensure that the next generation of health care professionals will be given the best education possible. Consider making a gift in honor of your class today!