Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend 2017
Welcome members of the MD Classes of 1947, 1952, 1957, 1962, 1967, 1972, and 1977! We invite you to join us this year to celebrate your Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend. While you are here you will have the opportunity to visit with classmates, friends, and faculty; tour our Medical Education and Research Facility; and enjoy a weekend on the beautiful University of Iowa campus. This page lists a few things to help you get started in making plans to attend this special reunion.
Come back soon for registration information!
Schedule of Events (More events to be confirmed soon.)
Friday, June 9, 2017
- 50th Reunion Class Luncheon
12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m., Levitt Center for University Advancement - Green Assembly Hall (4th floor)
- Members of the class of 1967 are invited to a celebratory lunch held in honor of this milestone.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
- UI Carver College of Medicine Breakfast: Reflect and Reminisce
8:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m., Medical Education and Research Facility (MERF)
- Share your stories with your classmates and find out what they've been up to while enjoying a hot breakfast!
- UI Carver College of Medicine Kid's STEM Program
9:00 a.m.- 10:30 a.m., Medical Education and Research Facility (MERF)
- While the parent's catch up and hear about what's happening at the University of Iowa since their time on campus, all school-aged children can see what it's like to be a medical student at the UI Carver College of Medicine during a morning full of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) activities. Breakfast is provided free of charge for any children attending this program.
- Medicine at Iowa Program
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Medical Education and Research Facility (MERF)
- The UI Carver College of Medicine continues to rank among the nation’s best medical schools. This is a great opportunity to learn more about how Iowa is keeping its tradition of excellence going strong with presentations by medicine leadership and current medical students.
- UI Carver College of Medicine Alumni Reunion Dinner
6:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m., Kinnick Stadium
- Recapture the fun, the friendships, and the magic of your medical school experience while enjoying the company of your classmates. The evening will start with a reception during which each of the official group photographs will be taken for the MD reunion year classes. Then you and your classmates will adjourn for a private dinner to celebrate this special anniversary.
Information regarding lodging will be available soon.
- Iowa House Hotel
319-335-3513 (press 0 when prompted and ask to speak with group reservations)
- Sheraton Iowa City
319-337-4058 (press 0 when prompted and ask to speak to Nancy from group reservations)
For additional hotel accommodations, contact the Iowa City/Coralville Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-283-6592 or visit www.iowacitycoralville.org.
Reunion Van Service
Our free reunion van service makes your return to Iowa City stress-free. Don't worry about navigating campus or finding a parking spot—the University of Iowa Alumni Association’s Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow Ambassadors operate the van service to and from reunion events.
Van Service hours will be available soon.
Look Who's Coming
Select your class year below and you'll find an updated list of who plans to attend. If you would like to contact your class members to encourage reunion attendance, please let us know and we would be happy to provide you with contact information.
Other Items of Interest
- Memory Book Questionnaire
- For generations, the UI Carver College of Medicine has seen its graduates make tremendous contributions as clinicians, researchers, educators and humanitarians. Whether or not you are planning to attend Alumni Reunion Weekend, we invite you to tell us your story.
- Update your Address
- Please notify us of any changes in address, phone number, or e-mail
- Find a Friend
- Want to reconnect with a classmate before your special reunion? Visit the alumni directory for help finding your friends.
- Reunion Class Gifts
- Support from the UI Carver College of Medicine’s alumni is critical to its missions of education, research, and service. Your gifts help support our students through scholarships and financial aid, faculty development, research funds, and special projects, as well as ensure that the next generation of health care professionals will be given the best education possible. Consider making a gift in honor of your class today!