Spring Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend
Welcome members of the MD Classes of 1947, 1952, 1957, 1962, 1967, 1972, and 1977! We invite you to join us this year to celebrate your Medicine Alumni Reunion Weekend. While you are here you will have the opportunity to visit with classmates, friends, and faculty; tour our Medical Education and Research Facility; and enjoy a weekend on the beautiful University of Iowa campus. This page lists a few things to help you get started in making plans to attend this special reunion.
Come back soon for registration information!
Tentative Schedule of Events
Friday, June 9, 2017
- 50th Reunion Class Luncheon
12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m., Levitt Center for University Advancement - Green Assembly Hall (4th floor)
- Members of the class of 1967 and their guests are invited to a celebratory lunch held in honor of this special milestone.
- Medical Campus Tour
3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Medical Education and Research Facility (MERF)
- All reunion class members and their guests will have the opportunity to see what's new on our ever changing health care campus.
- UI Carver College of Medicine Alumni & Friends Reception
5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m., Medical Education and Research Facility (MERF)
- Reunion class members and their guests are invited to a reception (heavy hors d'oeuvres and drinks). It will be a wonderful chance to reconnect with classmates, faculty, leadership, and old friends.
- Extend the Celebration: Dine Arounds/Small Class Gatherings
7:00 p.m., Local restaurants or entertainment venues arranged by our staff.
- Each individual class or group of classmates are encouraged to extend the celebration post-reception. Please call 319-335-8886 for booking assistance.
Saturday, June 10, 2017
- UI Carver College of Medicine Breakfast: Reflect and Reminisce
8:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m., Medical Education and Research Facility (MERF)
- Share your stories with your classmates and find out what they've been up to while enjoying a hot breakfast!
- Medicine at Iowa Program
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Medical Education and Research Facility (MERF)
- The UI Carver College of Medicine continues to rank among the nation’s best medical schools. This program will be a great opportunity to learn how Iowa is keeping its tradition of excellence going strong with presentations by medicine leadership and current medical students.
- UI Carver College of Medicine Alumni Reunion Dinner
6:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m., Kinnick Stadium Pressbox
- Recapture the fun, friendships, and magic of your medical school days while once again enjoying the company of your classmates. The evening will start with a cocktail reception and reunion class photos. Then, guests will have a final dinner together to cap off the weekend's full slate of events.
- Iowa House Hotel
319-335-3513 (30 varied occupancy rooms at $90 or $105 per room, which includes taxes/fees, parking, Wi-Fi and continental breakfast) Reference 'Carver Alumni' when calling or group code '1549' when booking online. Must book before May 17, 2017.
- Sheraton Iowa City
319-248-4414 (40 varied occupancy rooms at $149 per room + taxes/fees). Ask for Nancy Parks and reference 'Carver College of Medicine 2017 Reunion' when booking. Must book before May 8, 2017.
For additional hotel accommodations, contact the Iowa City/Coralville Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-283-6592 or visit www.iowacitycoralville.org.
Reunion Van Service
Our free van service makes your return to Iowa City stress-free. Don't worry about navigating campus or finding a parking spot—the University of Iowa Alumni Association’s Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow (STAT) Ambassadors operate the van service to and from reunion events.
Van Service hours are Friday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. & Saturday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Look Who's Coming
Select your class year below and you'll find an updated list of who plans to attend. If you would like to contact your class members to encourage reunion attendance, please let us know and we would be happy to provide you with contact information.
Other Items of Interest
- Memory Book Questionnaire
- For generations, the UI Carver College of Medicine has seen its graduates make tremendous contributions as clinicians, researchers, educators and humanitarians. Whether or not you are planning to attend Alumni Reunion Weekend, we invite you to tell us your story.
- Update your Address
- Please notify us of any changes in address, phone number, or e-mail
- Find a Friend
- Want to reconnect with a classmate before your special reunion? Visit the alumni directory for help finding your friends.
- Reunion Class Gifts
- Support from the UI Carver College of Medicine’s alumni is critical to its missions of education, research, and service. Your gifts help support our students through scholarships and financial aid, faculty development, research funds, and special projects, as well as ensure that the next generation of health care professionals will be given the best education possible. Consider making a gift in honor of your class today!